I read this article in Newsweek a while back. A lot of it makes sense. We are not depressed. Our brains just aren’t equipped for 21st-century life. Apparently, we are all afflicted by nature-deficit disorder. Below are some tips to make our technology-ridden lifes better.
Five Tips for Modern Life:
1. Mindfulness training is an excellent way to develop your powers of attention and concentration. Try to bring more of your awareness to the present moment.
2. Sleep in complete darkness, and try to be out in bright light during the day.
3. We humans are social animals. Reach out to others. Make social interaction a priority. It is a powerful safeguard of emotional well-being.
4. Avoid or neutralize disturbing sounds, choose to listen to those that have positive effects on your moods, and try also to cultivate silence.
5. Information overload is inimical to focused attention. Set limits on the amount of time you spend on the Internet, with email, on the phone.